Join a Winning Team! Career Opportunities at MEMSIC
Become part of the winning MEMSIC team, where creativity, brain power and drive generate award winning products in the cutting edge technologies of MEMS sensors, Inertial Navigation and Wireless Sensing Systems.
Our dedicated staff is passionate about our products, bringing us to the forefront of our industry as a leader in MEMS technology. With operations in the US, Japan and China, MEMSIC is an international ogranization comprised of some of the best and brightest talent in our industry, which fosters a challenging environment inspiring innovation, engagement and teamwork.
Staff Applications Engineer, Power Sensors
This position will be exciting for engineers who have a passion for the intersection of power systems design, product definition, and applications engineering. MEMSIC believes that this combination of skills is critical to define and develop exciting new solutions that solve customer problems and offer differentiation versus our competitors.
This is a position for a hard-driving customer focused Applications Engineer who will lead the efforts of MEMSIC to proliferate our AMR magnetic current sensor technology into new market and application areas. The role will have a significant influence on the customer adoption of MEMSIC’s solution. This person needs to have experience and knowledge in one or more of the following areas: AC/DC and DC/DC power supplies, Inverters, Power-Factor Correction Techniques, switching chargers, Motor drive and control, solar generators, and automotive power distribution systems. Strong communication and customer engagement skills are also required.
The mission is to identify, define, and design-in products that will contribute materially to the growth and profitability of the company.
* Understand Power System Architectures for Power Supplies, PFC, Battery Charging or Motor Control for one or more of the following end markets: Servers, Telecom, Solar PV, Consumer Appliances, Electrical Vehicles, Motor Drives, Industrial Automation/Robotics, UPS.
* Utilize applications and technical experience through technical support to sales and FAE team to facilitate the new product design win process. Help to drive clear applications/solutions selling model focus within the product line.
* Interface with customers and design engineers to develop working knowledge of customer power topologies, problems/solutions to current sensing requirements, define new requirements/trends/standards, and fit for MEMSIC technologies.
* Lead the new product definition, evaluation and identification of new product for development and their fit into market and customer requirements at the system level.
* Understand the competitive landscape, and our competitive strengths and weaknesses to drive differentiation and market awareness.
* Partner with Product Line team to define target markets and product roadmaps through the understanding of key features required to secure design-wins and alignment with key customer project milestones to revenue goals.
* Develop datasheets, technical applications collateral, demo boards, and validation tools to ensure product compliance to customer requirements, ensure design-win success, and benchmark new technologies and competitive solutions.
* Develop industry technical articles, whitepapers, and patent IP developments where applicable to support the establishment of world-class solutions to the fast growing market segments in power.
* Work with Product Line Management to build TAM and SAM models by market for devices in key applications that drive $REV growth opportunity for MEMSIC solutions.
* Work with Product Line Management Team in the creation of “Product Business Plans” for new products which identify why they justify resources and investment (quantify revenue, gross margin, investment, target markets/customers, and how/why we can win).
* Engineering background (BSEE required, MSEE a plus), plus at least 6 years work experience in an applications or design role. Experience in power systems required.
* Must be proficient with bench-level testing practices, software, and equipment relevant to power devices: Power Supplies, Oscilloscopes, Current Probes, Layout experience in power.
* Passionate, persistent, desire to compete and win in high-growth markets.
* Enjoys being part of a team, can motivate others without authority, wants to lead and drive.
* Travel (~25-30%) Primarily in North America/Europe to visit key driving customers. Some International Required to support overseas sites.
* Excellent communications skills (verbal and written)
* Past experience with sensors is a plus.
Algorithm Software Engineer (Andover, MA)
Memsic’s sensors and inertial systems have been used in a variety of applications, such as consumer mobile devices, automobile and aviation. Memsic is looking for an experienced and talented Algorithm Software Engineer to invent novel and refine existing multiple sensor fusion algorithm software. The ideal candidate will be strong in modeling, development, simulation, evaluation, validation, and visualization of these algorithms, as well as software implementation, for sensor fusion. Relevant previous algorithm experience may include but are not limited to: digital signal processing, magnetometer and inertial sensor (accelerometer and gyro) data processing, GPS, image stabilization, and location based service. The successful candidate will be joining a team that is committed to providing advanced algorithm software modules for Memsic’s sensor applications and inertial systems.
● Love math algorithms
● Proficient in digital signal processing, statistics, least squares, Kalman filtering and optimal estimation
● Expert level in Matlab/Simulink
● Proficient in C/C++ programming
● Ability to communicate effectively with and collaborate with other engineers across all company sites including our sensor, hardware, and application engineering teams
● Ability to do multi-task and work well in a team environment
● Ability to work independently
● Experienced in developing embedded algorithm code for navigation systems
● Experienced in developing algorithm code for mobile consumer platforms, such as Android
● Previous algorithm development involving gyroscopes, magnetometers, accelerometers, and GPS
Required Education and Experience
● Master degrees in Electrical Engineering (or related field) with 2 years related experience
● PhD in Electrical Engineering (or related field)
Senior Magnetic Engineer (Andover, MA)
Senior Magnetics Engineer /Physicist. Will be developing cutting edge technology in the area of magnetic sensor design. Must have a minimum of 5 years experience in magnetic technology, including magnetic sensor design, calculation, simulation, characterization, process development; Real world experience with high volume production is a plus. This position provides high potential career growth with opportunity to work with international teams on both development and manufacturing.
Will lead a cross-functional team to develop next generation magnetic sensors for both consumer and industry applications
MSEE or PhD preferred
Minimum 10 years experience with Magnetic Sensor design
Must have experience designing, developing and producing a real product for high volume manufacturing
QA Manager (Wuxi, China)
We are looking for a Quality Director to oversee our corporate quality system, to manage and resolve all process/product quality issues effectively and efficiently, and to provide quality inputs to internal new product development team.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 15 years experience in semiconductor industry, with 5 years management experience applying progressive quality systems and tools such as PPA, FMEA, Six Sigma, SPC.
- BS in Engineering, advanced degree preferred.
- High aptitude for learning in a fast-paced environment, where self-improvement and remaining current on products, competition, and processes are vital to success.
- Experience in Lean manufacturing.
- ASQ certified Quality Manager highly desirable.
- Demonstrated influencing skills and the ability to communicate effectively with vendors.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as experience in use of contact management systems.
- Ability to travel globally.
- Plan, direct, oversee and improve corporate QA systems.
- Ensure supplier quality systems and processes are in alignment with MEMSIC expectations and requirements.
- Manage root cause analysis and implementation of corrective actions.
- Manage FA and reliability labs. ensure success of root-cause studies, new product evaluations, and resolve all customer issues.
Senior Systems Algorithms Director (Andover, MA)
This position requires first and foremost a hands-on, innovative algorithm engineer, with a solid understanding of physics and systems engineering. You will be responsible for developing complex algorithms relating to motion and orientation, based on inputs from multiple sensors. Some examples of projects would include Inertial Navigation Systems, Attitude and Heading Reference Systems, Vertical Gyros, and dynamic tilt sensors (which can provide accurate pitch and roll in the presence of significant vibration and linear acceleration).
Secondly, it is desirable if you also have the passion and leadership skills to help build and manage a growing software and systems engineering team, and play a significant role in leading new product definition and development processes.
MEMSIC is a MEMS sensor and solution provider, founded in 1999. The company has a unique thermal MEMS sensor technology, used to create accelerometer and flow sensors, that has a number of benefits over competing technologies. The company also has a high performance AMR magnetic sensor technology, and a systems/module product line which combines sensors together with systems and algorithms to create complete sensing solutions.
MEMSIC is a technology driven company with a highly innovative and entrepreneurial culture. We are looking for passionate, highly motivated individuals looking to make a big impact in a small company environment.
For More Information, contact:
Sarah Harrington, Human Resources Director